Packington Hall in circa 1900. It was originally built in 1720 for the Babington family. The architect was Benjamin Wyatt, who also designed nearby Swinfen Hall.
Packington Hall in the 1920s. The estate passed through marriage from the Babbington's to the Levett family in the 1750s.
Reverend Thomas Levett served as rector of Whittington Church for 40 years from 1796 to 1836. He was the third member of the Levett family to serve as vicar of Whittington.
Gills Cables Ltd moved into the hall during the Second World War, following the bombing of their factory in the Birmingham Blitz. At it's height a workforce of 230 employees were transported by bus from neighbouring villages to make cables and other components for the car industry.
Gills Cables operated out of Packington Hall for over 60 years. The company was sold to Indian cable manufacturer Suprajit Engineering in 2006. The property was placed on the market in 2007. This photo was taken in the 1970s.
© 2016 Whittington History Society